Aspiring Adventurers program
Entries Close 11.59pm AEST March 1, 2024
Aspiring Adventurer Program Entry
Terms and Conditions
|Her Trails x Kathmandu Aspiring Adventurers Program Giveaway
|Her Trails Pty Ltd
ABN 89 660 616 795
|1/55 Whitehorse Rd, Balwyn VIC 3103
|Entrants must be Australian residents aged 18 and over. No state or territory restrictions. Participation is free of charge.
|12:01am AEDT on February 5, 2024, to 11:59pm March 1, 2024
1. Sign up via the Her Trails x Kathmandu Aspiring Adventurers Program landing page (https://hertrails.com/aspiring-adventurers-program/) using your current and valid email address
2. An application form will be sent to the email address you nominated during sign-up within 1 day of submission.
3. Complete the application form delivered to your email address by 11:59pm, March 1 2024.
4. At the end of the application form, you will be invited to submit your entry. Once submitted, a ‘thank you for submitting’ message will appear, which signifies a successful application.
|Conditions of Entry
|One entry per person over the age of 18; compliance with the Conditions of Entry and applicable laws.
|No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
|Entries are deemed successfully submitted when received by the Promoter.
|Employees of Her Trails and affiliated promotion sponsors, their immediate family members, and individuals associated with the promotion’s conduct are not eligible to enter.
|Entry is only open to persons aged over 18 years. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the entry is invalid, and the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
|Entries will be reviewed by a panel for creativity, originality, and alignment with the spirit of the Her Trails x Kathmandu Aspiring Adventurers Program. Reserve winners may be selected in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
|Detailed in Annexure A; includes various support, gear, and adventure experiences.
|Data Use and Privacy
|March 6, 2024
|Via email and announcement on Her Trails website https://hertrails.com/aspiring-adventurers-program/ and Instagram @her_trails within three days of the recipient being decided on March 6.
|Prizes must be claimed by March 14, 2024. Unclaimed Program Giveaway inclusions will be awarded to a reserve winner on March 15, 2024. The reserve winner will be informed by email on March 16, 2024.
|No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash, or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
|If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
|Third Party Prizes
|If a prize is provided by a third-party Prize Sponsor, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the Prize Sponsor listed in Annexure A.
|Prize Sponsor Responsibility
|The Prize Sponsor is solely responsible for providing the prize, and the Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure in prize delivery by the Prize Sponsor.
|Variation in Prize Values
|Any variation in prize values after the commencement date is beyond the Promoter’s control.
|Cancellation and Modification
|The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion under certain circumstances.
|Entrants agree to participate in marketing and editorial activities related to the Promotion.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule).
- The competition commences on the Promotion Start Date and ends on the Promotional End Date (“Program Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period,
- Employees (and their immediate family members)of Her Trails and Kathmandu, and any other companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in the determination of winner/s for the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entry is only open to persons aged over 18 years, if a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the entry is invalid. The prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
- Prize selection:
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel for creativity, originality, and alignment with the spirit of the Aspiring Adventurers Program.
- The panel may select reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or other consideration.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party (“Prize Sponsor”), the prize is subject to the terms and conditions and any requirements or other conditions of the Prize Sponsor and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the Prize Sponsor and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the Prize Sponsor to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the Prize Sponsor to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise. If the Prize, or an element of the Prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Prize Sponsor, reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize, or element of it. The Promoter, Prize Sponsor and its representatives will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes. Prize values are accurate as at the commencement date for the Promotion. Any variation after that date is beyond the Promoter’s control. All fees, charges or expenses including flights associated with the Prize, which are not specified in this document, are the responsibility of the winner(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize values.
- Any guarantee or warranty given under these Conditions of Entry is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. If there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change, modify or amend these Conditions of Entry at any time, including (but not limited to) the Promotional Period, [other].
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the extent minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- In case any provision in these Conditions of Entry is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- Her Trails
- Her Trails Membership (for one year): March 6th 2024 – March 6th 2025 (value $572)
- Access to any program (for one year): March 6th 2024 – March 6th 2025 (value up to $3000)
- Place at Her Trails x Larapinta Retreat* – April 21-27, 2024 (Value $7700)
- *Supported by Her Trails and Kathmandu
- $5,000 RRP worth of clothing and gear, redeemable via Kathmandu gift cards. Use of gift cards is subject to terms and conditions: e-Gift Card Terms : Help Centre Australia (kathmandu.com.au)
- Koda Nutrition
- Koda Nutrition Pack (value $1,000)
- Sweat Testing and consultation (value $149.00)
- Merry People Boots
- Pair of Merry People Boots (value $149.95)
- Single Track Events
- Free entry to 2 Single Track events
March 6th 2024 – March 6th 2025 (value up to $700)
*Excluding GPT 100 miler and GPT 100 miler stage race. 50% discount will be available for these events instead of a free entry.
- Otis Eyewear
- 4 pairs of sunglasses (value $1000)